Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 #1 Goal Accomplished!

I cut a headline out of "O" magazine some time ago, and early in 2008 taped it to my laptop in the space beside the touchpad: THIS YEAR YOU WRITE YOUR NOVEL.

And I did! Yay. After so many ditched attempts over the years of novels that curled up and died half-way through, I finally conquered my plotting dilemmas and got all the way to "the end." And it turned out even better than I'd hoped.

As a reward for the monster crunch effort of churning out a complete draft by the end of November, I've given myself the month of December off. No novelling on my stuff, just relaxation and reading other people's books. This month off is supposed to provide sufficient distance/perspective to put Baking with Intent through another round of polishes before I head to the Left Coast Crime conference in early March.

I'm ready to dive in tomorrow (Jan.1 '09) and eager to discover how it reads now that I haven't looked at it in a month. Fingers crossed I'm still tickled pink with the fruit of this year's biggest creative effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment